Because of the large number of games played, NBA is a popular sport betting option in the USA. This is unlike football which has far fewer games. Each conference plays 82 home and away games during a regular season. The top teams then advance to the playoffs. Like any other sport, betting on basketball is done by taking advantage of the betting line. This betting has evolved from a simple win/lose proposition to include betting on points scored, each quarter, and each half, as well as other bets.
Betting Systems. Below are the three most popular types of betting:
Point spreads. Bookmakers use this method to handicap favorites and boost the underdogs. They determine a point spread by subtracting the favorite’s score and adding it to the score for SBOBET Agen the underdogs. This was done in order to make both teams more attractive and thus distribute the bets. If team A has a score of -6 against their name, they are the favorite and must win by at least six points to win your wager. For you to win your wager, team B (their opponents) would need to lose by no less than six points. You would need to bet $110 to win $100.
Moneyline bets. You simply choose the winner. You will normally win less if you choose the favorite than the bet amount. However, if you choose the underdog you will usually win more. A + number will indicate the favorite. This is the amount you must bet to win $100. The minus sign will indicate the underdog. This is the amount you’ll win for $100.
Totals. The bookmakers will indicate in the line the total points they expect to score by each team. You bet on the Over if you believe the score will be higher and the Under if you think it will be lower.
These are some tips to help you win consistently
1. To get the most value out of your bets, use the under/over. Do your research to find out which teams score well and which teams use defensive tactics. Then, place your bets accordingly.
2. Prop bets allow you to bet on one player’s performance against another. To make intelligent bets, you can use player statistics
3. Don’t spread your bets out too much. Focus on the bets that will give you the best results.
4. Concentrate on a small number of teams to ensure that you have the time and resources to do your research about them.
5. Keep an eye out for the halftime lines. If you have decent odds, you will be able to recoup your losses from other bets on that particular game.
6. Keep up-to-date with injury reports and bench strength for the teams you follow.